Las Vegas Auto Accident Lawyers
In a split second, an auto accident can drastically change your life. The decisions you make in the days and weeks to follow, however, can have equally as dramatic an impact. Identifying who is at fault, dealing with insurance claims and filing police reports can all have lasting consequences that affect your ability to recover damages in the future. Even if you don’t think you need an auto accident lawyer, it’s important to ensure your interests are protected.
The team at G. Dallas Horton & Associates is available to help you. We take the stress out of recovering from an accident, and help you identify your legal options. We may be able to represent you both at the negotiating table and, if necessary, in court.
Too often, accident victims will waive their rights to due compensation, either out of compassion for the other party or fear of a long, drawn-out legal battle. It’s not until medical bills and other expenses begin to pile up that they come to regret this decision. By taking proactive steps immediately following an accident, you can leave open the possibility of attaining the compensation you need to recover properly.
Call 702-380-3100 Today for A Free Consultation
Real Case Results
G Dallas Horton & Associates have successfully resolved many cases involving auto accidents. Here are a few:
- $8.9 million for Motor Vehicle Accident
- $1 million for Roll-over Motor Vehicle Accident
- $975,000 for Motor Vehicle Accident
- $800,000 for Motor Vehicle Accident
- $757,000 for Motor Vehicle Accident
What to Do at the Scene of an Auto Accident
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, your first step should always be to take care of your immediate medical needs. If you’re unsure of the extent of your injuries, always follow the paramedic’s orders and, if necessary, present yourself to the emergency room at your nearest hospital. Shock often prevents people from realizing when they are seriously hurt.
If you’re certain there are no injuries involved, take a few minutes to examine exactly what happened. If you have a pen and paper handy, write down the details to ensure they stay in your memory. Taking photos of the damage to both vehicles, of the road conditions and of the surrounding areas can also be extremely useful.
Don’t lose your temper when interacting with the other driver — make sure you get their contact information, as well as their license plate number and the make of their vehicle. Don’t agree to anything or admit fault until you’ve spoken with an auto accident lawyer first.
Tracking Expenses and Pursuing Damages
Whether your injuries are minor or severe, keeping track of any damages incurred as a result of the injuries is critical to receiving compensation. You may be able to recover:
- Hospital and medical expenses — These include doctor’s fees, ambulance fees, any surgeries or other procedures required, prescription medicines, physical therapy and rehabilitation, and more.
- Lost wages and earning potential — when a long recovery or permanent disability threatens your ability to provide for yourself and your family, an auto accident injury lawyer can pursue these damages in court.
- Pain and suffering damages — You may be eligible for compensation for mental anguish, diminished quality of life, loss of spousal support and more.
- Funeral expenses — This may apply if the accident results in the death of one of more drivers, passengers or bystanders.
Who Is Responsible?
Too often, liability in an auto accident is thought to be clear-cut: either you’re at fault or the other party is. However, an experienced car accident attorney knows this isn’t always the case. While establishing fault is essential in any accident claim, the process is not always as straightforward as it’s made out to be. Other potentially liable parties in an auto accident can include:
- Property owners — Building and commercial property owners whose neglect leads to unsafe driving conditions can be held responsible for any injuries incurred as a result. For example, a driver who swerves to avoid a pothole in a shopping center parking lot may be able to seek damages from the property owner.
- Construction crews — Construction crews who don’t take appropriate safety precautions while they work can also be held liable if their negligence causes an accident. If unsecured materials or spills are a factor in an accident, the construction company should bear at least some of the responsibility for any damages incurred.
- Vehicle manufacturers — Vehicle manufacturers who knowingly release defective products should be held responsible for any damages that result. Pursuing a lawsuit against a vehicle manufacturer can be difficult, but it’s an important way of raising awareness about the potential danger other drivers are exposing themselves to.
Let G. Dallas Horton & Associates Help
The auto accident lawyers at Las Vegas’ G. Dallas Horton & Associates have been representing clients for more than 17 years. Our team has a combined 70+ years of legal experience. No matter the specifics of your case, you can rely on us for informed, actionable advice and an honest assessment of your legal options.
Injured in an auto accident? Get started today by calling our office to schedule your free initial consultation. Our attorneys are licensed to practice personal injury law throughout Nevada and are available to help all auto accident injury victims in Las Vegas and beyond.
Case Results$550,000 resolution for Motor Vehicle Accident
Legal News Headlines
- Though not quite as frightening as a highway cr...
- The presence of a minor — whether it’s a baby i...
- The decisions you make in the hours, days and w...
- With the introduction and subsequent popularity...
- Nothing embodies human freedom quite like the o...